Recipe Category: Main Courses
Soft Pork Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa
Tasty tacos are topped off with a vibrant avocado and corn salsa.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- chilli flakes, to taste
- 400g can peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 4 squares dark chocolate
- sea salt, to taste
- 12 flour tortillas (20cm), warmed for serving*
- 125g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- AVOCADO AND CORN SALSA
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add mince and brown. Add spices, tomatoes, beans and stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Mix in chocolate until melted and season to taste. Serve tortillas filled with mince, cheese, lettuce and Avocado and Corn Salsa.
AVOCADO AND CORN SALSA
Combine all ingredients together and use to serve with tortillas.
*Tortillas can be quickly heated in the microwave, covered, on High for 1 minute.