Recipe Category: Main Courses
Classic Italian-style seafood spaghetti with garlic and olive oil.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 1 bunch basil
- 500g pkt spaghetti or fettuccine pasta
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 kg fresh seafood marinara mix - prawns, fish, scallops, calamari, mussels
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 125g butter, softened, extra
- grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Reserve some small basil leaves for garnish. Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a large pan until melted and sauté garlic for 2 minutes. Add seafood and sear slightly. Add wine, simmer for 5 minutes and season to taste. Drain spaghetti, reserving 1 cup pasta water, mix into seafood, extra butter, lemon rind and juice and basil leaves, tossing until heated through, adding some of the pasta water as needed. Season to taste. Serve drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with pepper and reserved basil.