Recipe Category: Main Courses
Spanish Chicken with Olives and Spinach
A quick and tasty chicken dish inspired by the flavours and colours of Spain.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 800g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, as required
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 150g baby spinach leaves
Season chicken, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pot and sauté garlic for until softened. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Add passata, olives, peppers and paprika and simmer covered for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and spinach until wilted, season to taste and serve with mash, rice or soft polenta.
|Date Created:||October 18, 2018|