Steak Tagliata with Rocket and Red Onions
Slices of charred steak, cooked medium rare, over a bed of rocket, grilled onions and cherry tomatoes is simplicity at its best.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 2 x 300g grass fed scotch or porterhouse steaks
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large red onion, peeled
- 120g baby rocket
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, optional
Heat a chargrill pan until very hot. Cut onion into thick slices, keeping intact. Lightly brush steaks and onion slices with oil and season well on both sides with salt. Chargrill steaks and onions on both sides until done to your liking (for medium rare steaks, cook 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes. Arrange rocket, grilled onions and tomatoes on a large platter. Slice steak into strips and arrange on top. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and olive oil. Garnish with basil and pine nuts and serve sprinkled with pepper.
Recipe Type: Barbeque