Sticky Sesame Chicken Wings
Sticky, sweet roasted chicken wings sprinkled with sesame are just delectable.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 500g chicken drumettes*
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Chinese rice WIne
- 1/4 cup kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
Combine chicken drumettes and marinade together. Place on a baking paper lined oven tray and roast in the upper half of the oven at 200°C for 30 minuets, turning and basting occasionally until golden brown and sticky. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
in a roasting dish and roast at 150°C for 2 hours. Cook under a hot grill for 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all over, until they are golden and the sauce has been reduced to a glaze to coat the wings. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds, garnished with coriander leaves.
* Chicken drumettes are the jointed meaty part of the chicken wing, but any whole or jointed chicken wings can be used.
Recipe Type: Asian