Recipe Category: Cheese Platters
Triple Cream Brie with Figs, Raspberries and Pomegranate
This is a stunning way to serve a whole log or wheel of Brie for a special occasion.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 1/2 cup red wine, port or sweet vermouth
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cloves
- 1kg log ripe triple cream brie or 1 kg wheel brie or camembert, at room temperature
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 2 pkts almond bread, for serving
Combine wine, sugar and cloves in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until dissolved. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until syrupy and allow to cool. Remove cloves. To serve, place the brie on a platter and if using a log, cut a few starting slices. If using a wheel, leave whole. Decorate with figs and raspberries. Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with pomegranate arils and pistachios. Serve with almond bread and remaining syrup on the side.
Note: Collect any pomegranate juice that is released as you are removing the seeds, and add to the syrup when simmering.