Triple Cream Brie with Plum Compote and Pistachios
A juicy, fresh plum compote is a beautiful foil to the rich creaminess of triple cream brie.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 200g piece ripe triple cream brie
- 400g blood or red plums, stoned and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise, optional
- 1 strip orange rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios or hazelnuts
- sliced baguette or crackers, for serving
Remove brie from the fridge 1 hour before serving. Combine plums, orange juice, sugar, spices and orange rind and simmer until sugar has dissolved and plums are soft. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve spooned over brie and sprinkled with pistachios. Serve with baguette or crackers.