Recipe Category: Salads
Tuna, Corn and Freekah Salad
A grain salad filled with all good things!
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
- 1 cup freekah
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g tuna in oil, undrained
- 400g can corn kernals, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup continental parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Place freekah, 1 litre water and 1 tablespoon salt in a saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and cool. Toss freekah together with tuna and its oil, corn, spring onion and tomatoes. Combine avocado with lemon and mix into salad. Season to taste and stir in half the parsley and pine nuts. Place in a serving bowl and serve drizzled with oil and sprinkled with pepper, parsley and pine nuts.