Recipe Category: Soups
Gazpacho with Garlic Croutons
A refreshing, chilled Spanish-style soup served with crispy garlic croutons.
|Serves:||4 as an entrée (or 12 as cocktail shots)|
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 750g ripe roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1-2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- chilled water, as needed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices stale white bread, crusts removed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, extra
- 1 baby cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
Blend tomatoes, capsicum, onion, garlic and bread together in a food processor until smooth. Blend in tomato juice, Moro Red Wine Vinegar and ½ cup Moro Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season to taste. Add enough water to adjust to a soup consistency. Refrigerate for 2 hours until well chilled.
Cut bread into cubes and toss together with garlic and ¼ cup Moro Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake in the oven at 200°C for 5 minutes until golden. Combine cucumber, spring onions and olives together.
Portion soup into serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil and serve sprinkled with diced vegetables and garlic croutons.