BBQ Beef with Zucchini, Bocconcini, Capers and Olives
A warm salad of creamy bocconcini with steak , zucchini , capers and olives.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons baby capers
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 porterhouse or scotch fillet steaks, at room temperature
- 4 zucchini, cut lengthways into thin slices
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained
- 1/3 cup black kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup continental parsley leaves
Shake together lemon juice, oil and capers in a screw top jar and season with salt and pepper to make a dressing. Season steaks with salt and pepper and chargrill or barbeque until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest on a board, covered with foil, for at least 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chargrill zucchini on both sides, until lightly charred. Arrange zucchini on a serving platter or individual plates. Top with sliced steak, torn bocconcini, olives and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with parsley leaves, season with pepper and serve.
•When chargrilling meat, check for doneness by pressing with tongs. Rare meat is soft to touch, medium is slightly springy and well done meat will be firm.
•For a different presentation, arrange salad ingredients onto individual plates and top with whole chargrilled steak.
•Substitute Bocconcini with Feta cheese for variety.
•Add halved cherry tomatoes instead of olives, if desired.