Recipe Category: Main Courses
Christmas Turkey Fillet with Pesto Aioli, Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
Festive and Italian flavours go well together in this turkey.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||40 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups pesto*
- 1 cup good quality egg mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 kg turkey fillet
- extra olive oil, for brushing
- paprika, for sprinkling, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 bunches young asparagus spears, blanched
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- basil leaves, for garnish
Combine 1/2 cup pesto with mayonnaise and garlic to make Pesto Aioli. Combine 1 cup pesto with breadcrumbs and semi-dried tomatoes and half the pine nuts. Cut a deep pocket into the side of the turkey fillet and fill with the pesto mixture. Secure opening with skewers. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and season to taste. Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes, then add the asparagus and tomatoes to the pan, drizzle with oil and season, and roast a further 15-20 minutes until turkey is cooked. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Arrange on a platter and serve with asparagus spears and cherry tomatoes, and Pesto Aioli. Garnish with remaining pine nuts and basil leaves. May be served warm or cold.
* Home Made Pesto recipe
Wash 1kg baby potato chats and cut a cross in the top of 1kg baby chat potatoes, dip the tops in sea salt and bake at 200°C for 30 minutes until tender.