Recipe Category: Breakfast & Brunch
Raspberry French Toast with Maple Mascarpone
Make your morning with this luscious breakfast of creamy mascarpone on golden french toast with a burst of berries.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 200g mascarpone
- 12 slices sourdough or Vienna bread
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- butter, for cooking
- 300g raspberries
- extra maple syrup, for serving
- toasted flaked almonds, for serving
Stir maple syrup into mascarpone until combined. Working two at a time, dip bread into milk, then coat in egg and panfry in butter until golden on both sides. For each serving, top two slices of French Toast with raspberries and Maple Mascarpone. Drizzle with extra maple syrup and sprinkle with almonds.
• When fresh raspberries are not in season, use frozen raspberries that have been thawed.
• Brioche or panettone can be used instead of sourdough.
• Maple Mascarpone is also delicious dolloped on top of a bowl of mixed berries or summer fruits, like peaches, mango and pineapple.
Recipe Type: Vegetarian