Home Made Hummus
The home made version of this Middle Eastern chick pea dip is far superior to store bought!
|Makes:||1 1/2 cups|
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 400g can chick peas*, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- olive oil and paprika, for serving
Reserve a tablespoon of chick peas for garnish. Blend tahini and lemon juice in a food processor until whipped. Add garlic, cumin, salt and oil and blend until smooth. Add chick peas and water and blend until smooth. Season to taste. Spoon into a bowl, sprinkle with reserved chick peas, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with paprika and serve with pita bread.
* For an extra smooth hummus, slip off the skins of the chick peas using your fingers. This is an optional added step to achieve a smooth texture.