Rollovers (Leftover Sausage Rolls)
When you have some leftover roast and veggies, or a casserole, the clever thing to do is to turn them into sausage rolls, with the help of some handy puff pastry sheets, and a little imagination. I call these Rollovers (or sometimes Do-Overs!).
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 4 cups chopped leftovers*
- 1 tablespoon chopped herbs (thyme, parsley, chives, coriander etc)
- chilli flakes, to taste, optional
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sesame or poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- tomato relish and/or mustard, for serving
Mix leftovers with herbs and chilli, season to taste. Cut puff pastry sheets in half to make 4 rectangles. Brush with egg. Spoon 1 cup of leftovers along the length of each pastry rectangle and roll over to make a sausage shape. Cut into 4. Arrange on oven trays, brush with egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 200°C for 25-30 minute until puffed and golden. Serve with relish and mustard.
* You can use any combination of leftover chicken or meat, roast veggies or casserole. The Rollovers pictured were made with leftover Chicken and Butter Bean Tray Bake and were just delicious!