Chorizo and Capsicum Frittata
Spicy chorizo and bright red capsicum give great flavour to this quick frittata.
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 6 large free range eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated smoked cheddar, parmesan, cheddar or manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons continental parsley leaves
- smoked paprika, for sprinkling
Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion until softened. Add the chorizo and capsicum and sauté until lightly browned. Lightly whisk the eggs and season. Reduce heat to low, add eggs to skillet, sprinkle with cheese, half the parsley and paprika and simmer covered for 5-10 minutes until almost set and the underside is golden brown. Brown the top under a hot grill for a few minutes until golden. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve cut into wedges.
You can make use of any leftover vegetables and substitute any sliced or roast meat for the chorizo.