Smoked Salmon Asparagus with Dill Goat’s Cheese
An elegant starter or pass around to kick off any party.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 12 asparagus spears
- ½ cup water
- 120g creamy goat’s cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 12 slices smoked salmon
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Bring asparagus and water to the boil in a pan and simmer for 5 minutes until tender. Drain and cool. Blend cheese and dill together with a butter knife until smooth.
Spread each slice of smoked salmon with cheese and season with pepper. Place an asparagus spear on the edge of each slice of salmon and roll up to enclose. Arrange on a serving plate, drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
• Substitute smoked salmon with prosciutto and use a little pesto instead of the dill.
• These can be assembled and refrigerated up to 4 hours before serving.
• For a light lunch, top toasted frenchstick with salad greens and Smoked Salmon Asparagus with Dill Goat’s Cheese.