Baked Chilli Feta
Warm creamy feta baked over balsamic onions and capsicum with a touch of spice is perfect for bread dipping.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 200g feta cheese
- chilli flakes, for sprinkling
- coriander or parsley, for garnish
- toasted bread, for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in an ovenproof skillet and sauté onion and capsicum for 5 minutes until softened. Add vinegar and brown sugar and simmer 2 minutes. Cut feta in half horizontally and place in the centre of the skillet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chilli. Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes until feta is soft. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with toasted bread.